Impulse Point and SafeConnect
Who We Help
Impulse offers a solution that maintains the security of computing devices on your network. Our customers include any organization that wants to enforce security policies in an automated and non-intrusive way. In short, we help manage the BYOD devices on your network.
SafeConnect is used extensively by colleges, universities and K-12 school districts across the country. These environments are notorious for having large populations of unmanaged devices as well as significant security considerations. Industry analysts like Gartner and Frost & Sullivan identify Education as the proving ground for Network Access Control.
Think about this….if SafeConnect can work so well in the challenging environment of education, it can help any business. SafeConnect can provide visibility and enforcement of security policies to all the devices on your network
What We Do
To be the best at anything requires focus and commitment. At Impulse our focus is on BYOD security and our commitment to providing the easiest and non-invasive solution on the market. Here is what our focus and commitment offers:
- Vendor Agnostic. SafeConnect works into your existing network environment This means no changes to the network, no upgrades required and no configuration of switches.
- Ease of Use. SafeConnect was built to be easy. As a third-generation solution, we specifically set out to change the reputation that other solutions created that NAC was difficult to configure and to maintain. BYOD and NAC are supposed to be automated solutions that monitor the network with little or no intervention. SafeConnect delivers on this promise with automated remediation services, “no hands” system updates, and true-real time system reporting.
- Flexibility. SafeConnect works for you. The system provides a host of options that allow you to tailor the system to your needs and environment. The security policies and enforcement options allow you to customize the system based on users, device types or location.
- Fewer Components. SafeConnect involves few moving parts. For example, one appliance supports up to 10,000 concurrent users. That is five times more than competing solutions. This is possible because SafeConnect is a truly out of line solution that does not tax the network like other solutions.
- 24/7 Proactive Maintenance. SafeConnect comes with the industry’s only proactive maintenance and support service. This means we monitor the health of your system 24/7/365. If a problem is detected we proactively work to correct it. This is how maintenance is supposed to be.
- Rapid Installation. Our remote installation and speed to deployment is fast, really fast!. Our current installation record stands at 8 minutes flat. We are looking for a customer who can break this record.
How We Work
SafeConnect is comprised of three components: An Appliance, User Licenses and Maintenance.
- The Appliance.
The appliance operates as a true “out-of-line” network device, and “fails open” —presenting no single point of failure, performance bottle-necks or maintenance-related or scheduled network outages.
Free Hardware Refreshes. Really. Impulse will never require you to ever purchase replacement hardware. We will refresh your hardware for free as new features are rolled out. Free Software Updates and New Versions. Impulse will never charge you for new versions of the software, updates or services to install these.
- User Licenses.
The software user licenses are based on the average number of concurrent users. These means you only purchase licenses based on who you know and based on an average. And given it is an average, the system continues to operate if you exceed your license count. Unlimited Bursting of Temporary Licenses. This allows for the spikes in users and devices (especially around events).
SafeConnect comes with the industry’s only proactive maintenance and support service. This means we monitor the health of your system 24/7/365. If a problem is detected we proactively work to correct it. This is how maintenance is supposed to be.
SafeConnect works with your directory services (i.e. LDAP, MS Active Directory) to enable user authentication. The system also automatically identifies devices on the network. These two functions work automatically to match users to devices. This allows for security policies to be applied based on user groups (student, employee, guest, vendor, etc.), access method (wired, wireless, VPN) or by device type (Windows, MAC, gaming, mobile etc.)
The biggest challenge managing network performance and security today is the dramatic increase in the number of mobile devices connecting to the network. SafeConnect can keep you one step ahead by being able to identify, authenticate, on-board and monitor these devices in an automated way.
The uniqueness of SafeConnect is that is operates in real time. Other solutions claim real-time but these are polling schemes that tax the network and require manual intervention. Rea-time monitoring means that users are checked before getting on the network as well as continuously while connected. This is inherently more secure and provides for a greatly enhanced user experience. And given our unique approach our real-time security checks are performed without any network traffic degradation. That means that you know what’s happening on your network at any moment in time.
You decide how you want to use SafeConnect. We’ll help you do it.
Please work your way through the site to learn more specifics about how SafeConnect works and what benefits you can enjoy. Fill out the product demo request form and we’ll contact you to set up a time to discuss things. Let us know what your questions are, we’ll be happy to answer them.